Levels of Care
Emblem provides high-quality care through individualized, compassionate service. At the heart of hospice care, you will find a deep appreciation and understanding of the special needs of our patients. We believe strongly in the dignity and value of the human soul. Hospice care focuses on comfort and quality of life, rather than cure. Our palliative care focuses on providing comfort to people of all ages experiencing chronic, serious illnesses. Through symptom management, the goal of hospice & palliative care is to enable you to have an alert, pain-free life, to live each day as fully as possible.
Levels of Care
Routine Home Care – Care in the home or care facility is provided by the hospice team through regularly scheduled visits which can be once a week to daily depending on the needs of the patient and family. (Most of our patients fall into this category)
Continuous Care – An intensive or crisis level of care can be provided to hospice patients when their symptoms cannot be managed at the routine level of care. Continuous Care is provided on a short-term basis (1-5 days) to maintain the patient in their home or care facility. Nursing care is usually provided for 8-24 hours a day and some of the hours may be provided by a home health aide.
Inpatient Care – Inpatient care is provided for pain and symptom management at a participating hospital, long-term care facility, or specialized hospice inpatient unit. Short-term inpatient care is provided for the patient for pain control and symptom management.
Respite Care – Respite Care is short-term inpatient care provided to relieve those caring for the patient in their home. Care is normally provided in a contracted nursing home and, up to five consecutive days at a time.
Bereavement – Emblem Home Health and Hospice is equipped with a bereavement team ready to help you with grief and the mourning of a lost loved one.
Professional Home Care
We bring the care to you! Our experienced and specially trained professionals will create a carefully crafted plan with a focus on comfort and quality of life. Care is provided in the home as well as inpatient facilities such as Assisted Living Facilities, Personal Care Homes, and Skilled Nursing Homes. Our wish is for all our patients to live the remainder of their lives wherever they reside.
Hospice Services Included:
- Offer specialized pain and symptom management.
- Provide needed medications, medical supplies and medical equipment.
- Regular nursing visits to maintain the patient’s comfort, including regular assessments and support for the family.
- Assist patients with personal care and activities of daily living.
- Instruct families and caregivers on how to properly care for the patients.
- Chaplains to provide support and help patients and families with spiritual or religious questions or concerns at the end of life.
- Social workers to provide emotional support, supportive counseling, information and referral services, assistance with advanced directives, out-of-home placements, etc.
- Volunteers to provide companionship, emotional support, and life-enhancing activities.
- Bereavement services and counseling to help families deal with grief.
- Access to Hospice Nurses 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.